Welcome to Dane County Parks
Due to unfavorable trail conditions, equestrian trails at McCarthy County Park are CLOSED until further notice.
Current mountain bike trail conditions can be found at HERE.
Experience the beauty of prairie plants up close, learn about the species and help collect seed for future prairie plantings.
Please contact us for more information: Lars Higdon (608) 245-6898; or Rhea Stangel-Maier (608) 224-3601
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 25 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 29 Natural Resource Areas
- 15 Wildlife Areas
- 3 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 County Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.
- 10/27/2016 - Haunted Prairie - Badger Prairie Park
- 10/29/2016 - HOLLOW-EEN at Cave of the Mounds
- 10/30/2016 - 5th Annual McCarthy Park Trail Run
- 11/9/2016 - Watershed Network Gathering: Ag Conservation and Partnerships
- 11/12/2016 - Wood Stove Cooking Workshop at Schumacher Farm