Welcome to Dane County Parks
All snowmobile trails are currently CLOSED.
Winter trail conditions change rapidly, please visit our Winter Trail Conditions page or call our 24/7 Trails Information Line at (608) 242-4576. You can also sign up to receive a text message on your phone for Dane County snowmobile trail openings and closings.
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 25 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 29 Natural Resource Areas
- 15 Wildlife Areas
- 3 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 County Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.
- 3/4/2017 - Volunteer Work Day at Festge County Park
- 3/18/2017 - Making Maple Syrup Workshop - Schumacher Farm Park
- 3/25/2017 - Volunteer Restoration Day at Sugar River Wetlands
- 3/25/2017 - Annual Dog Park Cleanup Day
- 4/15/2017 - Cottonwood Classic Run/Walk and Lions Easter Egg Hunt