Dane County Parks
Due to heavy rainfall, Dane County is declaring a slow-no-wake for the entire surface of Lake Mendota, Monona, and Waubesa.
- CAPITAL CITY TRAIL – Fish Hatchery Road West to Bicycle Roundabout CLOSED due to down trees, standing water and various washed out sections of trail - see press release. Visit the Pavement Restoration page for alternative route resources and other trail closures.
- Salmo Pond County Park is CLOSED - parking lot and piers are underwater
- Boat camping is CLOSED at Mendota County Park
- Aeromodeling field parking lot is CLOSED at Badger Prairie County Park
- Pavement Restoration work is underway on 6.5 miles of the Capital City Trail. As paving of the trail is completed, sections of trail may appear finished, but the trail is still closed as signage, line striping, shouldering, landscaping and detectable warning panel work are on-going.
A public hearing on proposed fee Increases will be 6:30 pm, Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at the Lyman Anderson Agriculture and Conservation Center, 5201 Fen Oak Drive, Madison WI 53718.
Visit our Fees webpage for more information.
Application registration is now OPEN for Archery Limited Access Permits.
Lottery closes 8/21/2018 and selection is on 8/23/2018.
- Important information for Indian Lake anglers (May 2018)
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 26 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 16 Wildlife Areas
- 14 Natural Resource Areas
- 6 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.