Welcome to Dane County Parks
- Visit the Slow-no-wake webpage for information about current slow-no-wake requirements.
- All equestrian and mt. bike trails are currently CLOSED due to wet weather conditions.
Planning is underway for the 2018 - 2023 Parks & Open Space Plan. Dane County Parks has prepared a short survey to explore the overall public awareness of the park system and any improvements that could be made to promote a larger and more diverse group of users.
La administración de los parques del Condado de Dane tiene la visión de “Conectar la gente con los recursos naturales del Condado de Dane”. El plan de la red de parques sobre los espacios abiertos, que necesita ya de una actualización, establece las bases para poder llevarla a cabo. Por favor, tenga la bondad de compartir sus ideas completando esta encuesta para ayudar a guiar el plan y mejorar nuestros servicios.
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 25 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 29 Natural Resource Areas
- 15 Wildlife Areas
- 3 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 County Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.