Welcome to Dane County Parks
Please note that deconstruction of the old 911 communications tower has begun. Contactors will be entering/exiting the Dog Park and the area surrounding the tower site may be temporarily closed for use. In addition, be aware that there will be vehicle traffic on the access road. Thank you for your patience.
In addition, the park will be CLOSED on Friday, January 26, 2018 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm for a Work Day. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Draft 2018-2023 Dane County Parks & Open Space Plan is now available for review
- 2018 Camping and Shelter Reservations are available now
- Visit our Trail Conditions webpage for up-to-date information
- Slow-no-wake: Crystal Lake
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 25 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 29 Natural Resource Areas
- 15 Wildlife Areas
- 3 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 County Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.
- 1/14/2018 - Snowshoe Scurry 5k/10k @ Walking Iron County Park
- 1/14/2018 - Madnorski Cross Country Ski Demo @ Lussier Family Heritage Center
- 1/21/2018 - Big Cheese Fatbike Race @ Camrock County Park
- 1/22/2018 - Invasive Species -Winter ID & Management
- 1/28/2018 - Meet & Greet at the Capital Springs Dog Park