Dane County Parks
For up-to-date winter trail conditions please visit our Closures & Trail Conditions webpage.
The Indian Lake aeration system is now turned on for the winter season. Park users should use caution when accessing the lake in the winter months. Read more. Read more.
Due due to high water conditions and road closures, winter access to Lussier County Park and Fish Lake is ONLY available by traveling south off STH 60 on Barta Road and east on Schoepp Road. Note that there is NO on-road parking for ice access to Fish Lake, all ice access must occur from the main car parking lot at Lussier County Park.
Silverwood County Park Sweet/Rice Lake Access Parking Lot (Hwy 106) is CLOSED due to flooding.
- Lower Yahara River Trail Phase 2 meeting will be 7 pm on Wed. January 15, 2020 at the Pleasant Springs Town Hall, 2354 CTH N, Stoughton, WI
- Festge County Park overlook renovations are complete. Trail paving will occur in 2020.
- NEW webpage to view today's campsite availability
- NEW 1-acre small dog park at Badger Prairie County Park now OPEN
- Lake View Hill Park restoration in progress
- Closures & Trail Conditions
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 26 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 18 Wildlife Areas
- 14 Natural Resource Areas
- 4 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.