Activities Requiring Permits
Permits are required for the following activities:
- Aeromodeling Field Use
- Disc Golf Course Use
- Having a Dog in the County Park System or Off-leash Dog Park (note that all camper reservations/registrations will now automatically include a daily dog permit good for the duration of the stay)
- Lake Access Parking Lots (parking or loading/unloading a boat)
- Tenney Lock Passage
- Trail Use for Horse, Mt. Bike, Ski Trails
- Biking or Inline Skating on the Capital City Trail
In addition, written permits are required for the following activities:
- Public meetings, assemblies, tournaments, entertainment.
- Exclusive use of facilities (shelters and Lussier Family Heritage Center).
- Selling or offering for sale anything in the park.
- Landing aircraft or dropping any objects from the air.
- Mooring a boat for more than two days.
- Possessing or drinking alcoholic beverages.
- After hours use of the parks (10 pm - 5 am, unless otherwise posted, for non-camping visitors)
- Any special event.
Other activities including metal detecting and geocaching may be allowed in certain areas by permit only. Snowshoeing does not require a permit and is allowed throughout Dane County Parks except on designated cross-county ski trails. On-leash dogs with permits are welcome to accompany snowshoers. Limited access archery hunting permits are offered through a computer-generated lottery drawing.
Contact the Dane County Parks Office at 608-224-3730 for more information.