Barks for Parks!
The Wisconsin Brewing Company Fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks
Join the celebration at the Wisconsin Brewing Company (1079 American Way, Verona)
Saturday, August 25, 2018
Noon - 4:00 pm
Hot diggity dog, we had so much fun we're back again! In honor of Dane County Dog Parks, Wisconsin Brewing Company is hosting the 2nd Annual "Barks for Parks!" celebration at their facility in Verona. This afternoon of fun will include live music, food, and entertainment for both two- and four-legged friends and family.
Proceeds from this celebration will support Dane County Dog Parks and be used for upgrades, expansion, and special projects. Dane County was one of the first park systems in the United States to develop designated off-leash pet exercise areas and has been used as a model for other systems across the United States.
Suggested donation for admission is $5.00 per person. Dogs are free!
Please note that dogs must be on a 6’ static leash and be current on vaccinations. Dogs must be people and animal friendly. Please check out our complete list of "Barks for Parks!" Dog Rules for the event.
Can't make it to Barks for Parks? You can still support Dane County Dog parks by making a donation online or by mail. Just indicate that you would like your donation to be used to support the dog park program.
- 11:00 am - Downward Dog Yoga Hour: hosted by Ruth Armstrong. Dogs must be up to date on vaccines and leashed. Participants should bring a yoga mat and towel. Cost is $20 per person. Tickets can be purchased at the event. 100% of the proceeds donated to Dane County Parks.
- 1:00 pm - Kids & Pups Storytime: settle in for a reading of Backwards Dog by author Corina Rogers.
- 1:00 pm - Passion for Paws Vet Clinic talk
- 2:00 pm - Adoptable Dog Parade: Dane County's most eligible pups will be on parade. Show them some love, boost their spirits, and maybe find a new furever friend.
- 3:00 pm - Veterinary Emergency Services: First-aid presentation with Dr. Josh Smith, DVM, DACVECC (Critical Care Specialist)
Many of our sponsors will have booths at Barks for Parks! Stop by their booths and thank them for supporting Dane County Dog Parks.
- The Dog Den: Treibball activity
- Mrs. Beaster's Biskits: doggy treats
- Sit Means Sit Dog Training: bobbing for tennis balls activity
- Yelp Madison: Fido photo shoot
- My Red Haired Auntie: dog-themed t-shirts
All-day Exhibitors and Activities
- Albert's Dog Lounge
- Badger Kennel Club
- Corina Rogers, author of Backwards Dog: will be selling her book. $5.00 from every book sold donated to Dane County Parks.
- Czar's Promise
- Dane County Humane Society
- Fetch, WI Dog Rescue
- Fromm Pet Food
- Pups Unleashed: bobbing for hot dogs
- Greyhound Pets of America WI
- Passion for Paws Vet Clinic
- Reek Havoc
- Rescue Collars
- Sheltering Animals of Abuse Victims (SAAV)
- Tabby & Jacks : $10 nail trims for your pup. 100% of the proceeds donated to Dane County Parks.
- TailWaggers Doggy Daycare
- Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue
- UW Tick and Mosquito Research (Midwest Center of Excellence for Vector-Borne Disease): learn how to protect your pups from ticks.
- Veterinary Emergency Services: doggy first-aid station
- Watercolor portraits: artist Jessica Willyerd will paint your pup. Cost is $40 and it takes 20-30 minutes. Get there early and visit her booth to sign up. She will also have an overflow list in case she runs out of time and can complete portraits at home and mail them for an extra $5.
- Wisconsin Division of Public Health - Blue-green Algae and Dog Safety
Thank you to the Fundraiser Sponsors!