Summer Volunteer Restoration Workdays
- 06/09/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 06/16/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 06/20/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 06/23/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 06/30/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 07/07/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 07/14/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 07/18/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 07/21/2023 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Sign-Up is Required here
Join us for Tuesday and Friday workdays throughout the summer!
Our staff will be rotating through the park system working on a variety of projects to maintain our natural areas. A top priority will be identifying and removing herbaceous invasive species but opportunities may arise for other tasks such as collecting native seeds. Weed species of particular focus will depend on the season but will comprise of Garlic Mustard, Dame’s Rocket, Wild Parsnip, Japanese Hedge Parsley, Common Burdock, White and Yellow Sweet Clover, Spotted Knapweed, and others as they come up!
What to Know:
These workdays are drop-in, but we ask that you sign up so we know how many people to prepare for and who to contact in case of cancellation/bad weather. All tools and training will be provided, as well as water and seasonal snacks. Though these workdays begin in May, we will be working into the summer. Thank you for your help to care for the natural areas in our Dane County Parks!
What to Bring:
Wear clothes you are comfortable working in, closed-toe shoes, a hat, and bring plenty of drinking water, sunscreen, and anything else you might need for working outside. A small backpack to carry your things can be helpful.
- Friday May 19, 9am-12pm, Lake View Hill County Park, 1202 Northport Dr Madison, WI 53704: Meet in the parking lot behind the Human Services building.
- Friday May 26, 9am-12pm, CamRock County Park - Shelter 2 parking lot, 136 Co Hwy B, Cambridge, WI 53523
- CANCELLED -- Tuesday May 30, 9am-12pm, McCarthy Youth and Conservation County Park, 4841 Co Hwy TT, Cottage Grove, WI 53527: Meet in the parking lot by the new shelter.
**Note Time Change: Due to summer heat, we will begin working earlier in the day**
- Friday June 2, 8am-11am: Halfway Prairie Wildlife Area, 8200 WI-19, Cross Plains, WI 53528: Meet in the parking lot by the Matz Farmstead ruins, across from Indian Lake.
- Tuesday June 6, 8am-11am: Indian Lake County Park Shelter, Matz Rd, Dane, WI 53529. Meet in the parking lot immediately adjacent to the Indian Lake shelter.
- Friday June 9, 8am-11am: Stewart Lake, 498 Viking Rd, Mt Horeb, WI 53572: Meeting at the end of Viking Rd (residential neighborhood).
- Friday June 16, 8am-11am: Badger Prairie County Park Shelter, 4654 Maple Grove Dr, Verona, WI 53593: Meeting in the parking lot adjacent to the shelter.
- Tuesday June 20, 8am-11am: Dorn Creek Wildlife Area, 5998 Oncken Rd, Waunakee, WI 53597: Meeting in the "West" parking lot at coordinates: 43.137502, -89.456289. Look for the DCP truck.
- Friday June 23, 8am-11am: Ice Age Junction Natural Resource Area @ Badger Mill Creek, Old PB, Verona, WI 53593: Meeting in the parking lot of the Verona Park & Ride.
- Friday June 30, 8am-11am: Ice Age Trail Junction Area (Ice Age PD), 7701 McKee Rd, Verona, WI 53593: Meeting in the parking lot off of HWY PD by the large utility shed.
- Friday July 7, 8am-11am: Festge County Park, 4894 Scherbel Rd, Cross Plains, WI 53528. Meeting in the shelter 1 parking lot.
- Friday July 14, 9am-12pm, Lake View Hill County Park, 1202 Northport Dr Madison, WI 53704: Meet in the parking lot behind the Human Services building.
- Tuesday July 18, 8-11am: Donald County Park, 1945 WI-92 Trunk, Mt Horeb, WI 53572, Meeting in the parking lot off of Sutter Drive.
- Friday July 21, 8am-11am: Indian Lake County Park Shelter, Matz Rd, Dane, WI 53529. Meet in the parking lot immediately adjacent to the Indian Lake shelter.
ContactClaire Lamberg, email@example.com, 608-516-3703
Categories: Health & Fitness, Parks, Volunteer