Dane County Bicycle Wayfinding Plan
Dane County Parks in partnership with the Madison Area Transportation Planning Board has contracted with Toole Design Group to develop a county wide Bicycle Wayfinding Plan. The planning effort began in October 2015 with several committee meetings that had representation from a broad spectrum of the community and bicycle planning professionals. With input from the committee, Toole Design Group prepared a draft Bicycle Wayfinding plan that contains key guidelines for designing and implementing a uniform wayfinding and information sign system for the bicycle network throughout Dane County. The plan will be an incredible resource for communities to use for implementing a wayfinding system for their local and regional bikeways.
The project also includes the development of seven implementation plans for the following bicycling corridors:
- Lake Monona Loop
- Capital City Trail from intersection with Lake Monona Loop to intersection with Military Ridge Trail
- University Avenue side path and bike lanes from Indian Hills Park to CTH Q
- Cannonball Path from where Fitchburg’s signage ends to Todd Drive
- Military Ride Trail from intersection with Capital City Trail to Blue Mounds
- Ice Age Junction Path from Military Ridge Trail to Flagstone Drive
Questions regarding the plan should be directed to Sara Rigelman, Acquisition and Planning Specialist for Dane County Parks, at (608) 224-3611 or Rigelman@countyofdane.com or Renee Callaway, Transportation Planner for Madison Area Transportation Board, at (608) 266-9114 or email@example.com.
- Dane County Bicycle Wayfinding Manual - Draft (4.3 MB .pdf)
- Public Meeting Wayfinding Presentation (2 MB .pdf)