Chainsaw Safety Trainings - SAWW Level 1 and Level 2
- Saturday, 10/07/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 10/12/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 11/04/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 11/11/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
These courses are hosted by Dane County Parks and taught by certified SAWW (Safety and Woods Worker) trainer Luke Saunders. Level 1 and Level 2 are part of the four-level SAWW series designed to increase safety and efficiency of chainsaw use - for more information on the SAWW program see http://www.sawwtraining.com/training-levels.html and the attached document. These classes meet FISTA standards.
- SAWW Level 1:
- Saturday October 7th - Stewart Lake County Park
- Thursday October 12th - McCarthy County Park
- Saturday November 4th - 4318 Robertson Rd., Madison/Lake View Hill County Park
- SAWW Level 2:
- Saturday November 11th - 4318 Robertson Rd., Madison/Lake View Hill County Park
- Registered Dane County Parks Volunteer (Volunteers must already have a current registration form on file): $50
- Volunteer for Non-Dane County Parks Land Restoration Agency: $105
- Private Individual, Non-Volunteer: $140
- Private Individual, Non-Volunteer - 50% Scholarship/ Financial Assistance: $70
To register: head to our reservation page to view details.
- Click on the “Volunteer Program” tab. You’ll see a drop down for Level 1 and Level 2 classes.
- Details are found under “Description”.
- You will have to either sign-in or create a new account in order to complete registration. The site should walk you through that process and it should be fairly simple. You’ll have to add your age in order for the system to allow you to register (participants have to be 18 years and older).
- Registration for Level 2 is contingent upon completion of Level 1. If you know you will be completing Level 1 you can sign up for Level 2 at the same time.
To be added to the notification list for future classes, head to our Email Sign Up and select "Chainsaw Class Interest".
Support for these classes is provided by the Foundation for Dane County Parks.
Read our Class Cancellation Policy (PDF)
Various park locations - see event website for details.
ContactClaire Lamberg, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com, (608) 516-3703
Categories: Parks, Training, Volunteer